Freedom of Information Requests (FOIA)
All notices and other communications relating to a request to inspect, copy, or certify public records and all requests for any other information relating to the Village’s implementation of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act should be directed to the Freedom of Information Officer listed to the right. The online form below can also be filled out and submitted.
The Village shall respond to any Request filed pursuant to Section II of these FOIA Rules within five (5) Business Days after such Request is received by the Freedom of Information Officer. If the request is for commercial purposes, the Village shall respond within 21 Business Days after receipt.
(c-10, “Commercial purpose” means the use of any part of a public record or records, or information derived from public records in any form for sale, resale or solicitation or advertisement for sales or services. For purposes of this definition, requests made by news media and non-profit scientific or academic organizations shall not be considered to be made for a “commercial purpose” when the principal purpose of the request is (i) to access and disseminate information concerning news and current or passing events, (ii) for articles of opinion or features of interest to the public, or (iii) for the purpose of academic, scientific, or public research or education.)
Fees for FOIA Requests
- First 50 letter/legal pages (black & white copies): Free
- Over 50 letter/legal pages: $0.10 per page
- Color copies, oversized copies, reproductions on electronic media or copies that require the services of an outside vendor shall each be charged the actual cost
- Postage to mail copies is charged and will be based on the actual cost to mail
- All fees are payable in advance. You may request to be called about the total cost before copies are made, and thereafter proceed with, alter, or cancel this request.
Online Request Form